How To Be A Healthier You!

Hey!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hope you are all doing well and have been having a good week!
We are super close to hitting 200 followers on Bloglovin so come on guys lets do it! Hit that follow button on Bloglovin it means so much to me!

Anyway as it is a new year I'm sure many of you will be setting goals for 2017 and from information I have gathered from others many people will be aiming to be healthier in 2017 and yes I am one of them... This goal is a very common one for everyone but the difference is that this year I have joined a gym! Wahoo! Now this gym isn't that cheap but I managed to get a student membership for 6 months at Virgin Active gym, I really like this gym as its close to me and just is really easy to get to and has everything I could need at a gym. Also plus side of it being expensive means that not a huge amount of people will be there to watch me whilst I workout which is very off putting! Also on days where I may not be able to get to the gym or anything like that I am completing the Blogilates workout calendar which I love! I love her workouts as they are just the perfect fun workout needed to boost your day! Also It does feel nice when you workout with someone else, I know she is on the screen but she is still there and encouraging you to workout to be your best!

So I know I kinda already got into the post but I thought I would right a little about a slight routine you could follow if your aiming to be healthier in 2017. I am in no way a professional in healthy living so don't hold me to what I say as they are my opinions which I have learnt from my own experiences.

Right so first thing that I find whenever I am wanting to be healthy again is to sort out the food cupboards and get new gym clothing. What I mean by sorting out the cupboards is my way of saying get rid of all the junk food and rubbish in your cupboard because if it isn't there then you aren't tempted by it! After that I always try to fill up my cupboards and fridge with fresh nutritious foods and I'm going to put a list down below of some of the products that I really like to have around the house when I am trying to be healthy. Next is getting new clothing to workout in! I love buying new clothes anyway so any excuse to get me to buy some new clothes is perfect! There are so many options when it comes to buying new gym clothes so I thought I would say a few which I think are great!
- Topshop IVY PARK range
- Nike and Adidas
- Fabletics
I recently just bought a few items from the IVY PARK range in Toyshop, and I love them! They are super comfy to wear when working out and look gorgeous too! Also guys get yourself some good trainers as you're going to be using them for a long time!

Next is to equip yourself up for this journey! So you're probably wondering what I mean by that, and what I mean is that you need to prepare yourself and your surroundings. This includes any equipment that you may need in order to be a healthier you! So I went and got a yoga mat as I love them and plus they are brilliant to do Pilate's and yoga, I got mine really cheap from Lidl and the quality seems perfectly fine, so if you are looking for a cheaper way to get fit Lidl is such a good place to look as they do tonnes of workout stuff at affordable prices. Also this includes if you need some weights and accessories like a water bottle of a phone holder which wraps around your arm or body so you can workout to some tunes. You can have a browse around, I got the majority of my stuff from Sainsburys and Sports Direct as both of them aren't too expensive but they still do the job!


A few other Tips:
- Drink plenty of water. I know people will say this all the time but I cannot stress enough how important it is to drink water especially as you are trying to be healthier!
- Get enough sleep.  You should aim to get around 7-8 hours of sleep every night as without sleep your body functions won't be working efficiently which will impact your body and in most cases prevent you from losing weight. Also if you're tired all the time you're not going to want to workout so it just has a negative impact on you!
- Get motivated - This isn't just for pure vanity you need to find the fun in working out and actually enjoy being healthy otherwise it just isn't going to stick!


List of some of the foods I like to eat when being healthy:
- Fruit (any fruit like apples, blueberries, strawberries), its best to buy what ever is in season as that way it can be a lot cheaper for you.
- Veg - Carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, spinach etc..
- Nut Butters - I love the meridian nut butters as you can get so many different ones, my favourite has to be the almond butter one which tastes super good!
- Rice cakes - I love these with some of my nut butters on like the almond butter.
- The good carbs as I call them - Quinoa, Couscous, Wholemeal rice and pasta.
- Homemade Popcorn - Just buying the Corn without anything added to it is such  great snack that I love eating whenever I am peckish!
- Protein shakes and bars for after gym and workout sessions. If you want me to talk more about what I use and which ones I buy then let me know down below in the comments and I may do a little post about that!

Right so guys I know this was probably just a random post for you, but I hope some of my tips will help you get starting in become a healthier you! I know I am going to be trying to be healthier and I will update on my progress as I go along. If you have any questions you can either email me from my contact page or just comment down below and I will try my best to answer what ever questions you may have!

Stay Happy
Love Lucy x

Comments