How I Clean My Brushes!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
HI GUYS!
So I know I posted yesterday, but I did say that I was going to post more often so here I am posting more often!
Hows your week been anyway guys, hope you've had a great week I definitely have! Let me know what you've been up to in the comments below!

I only recently bought this from amazon for £10, and so far I have been really pleased with this product. Now when I usually wash out my brushes (which I do every month) I use my hands and some shampoo. I still use shampoo to wash out my brushes, I know I should probably use brush cleaner and I know Real Techniques do one which is very good so I will be purchasing that sometime soon (hopefully). But honestly I still think using shampoo is fine.
I was washing my Real Techniques brushes using shampoo (honestly any shampoo will be fine) and using this tool to wash brushes just makes it so much easier! It has a handle on the back which means you can either hold it or put it on a flat surface as you wash your brushes. I tried both techniques and I found both really good!

First when I wash my brushes I put a small amount of shampoo on the brush cleanser palette then I rinse my brush under water. After doing this I slowly massaged the brushes with the palette and shampoo, trust me you'll know if its working as the soap will become the colour that the brush was, i.e. orange for foundation. Then just rinse out the soap from the brush and continue this process until the brushes are as clean as brand new!

Once you've washed all your brushes like this, place them on a towel or dry surface where they can dry overnight. Make sure you allow enough time for them to dry otherwise they will be damp so I always wash my brushes in the morning so they have the whole day and night to dry out completely.

Okay so next thing I "try" to wash is my sponge by Real Techniques and I find this quite tricky as it can be hard to not scrape or ruin the sponge, also its not easy to get all of the make-up out of it, so I may need to purchase a couple more as I don't think the one I still have is very good...

If you guys have any tips on how to wash face sponges please let me know in the comments below!

Sorry that this wasn't a long post, but I didn't want to blabber on about this as you can only say so much before people get bored! Let me know how you guys wash your brushes in the comments below! Keep your eyes peeled for some more cute make-up and different posts this week! Also if you like me posts give it some love on Bloglovin and follow me over there too!

Stay Happy!
Love Lucy x







Comments