5 Must Reads Before 2017!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
HI GUYS!
Hope you're all having a great weekend and have had a great week! Now Halloween is over so CHRISTMAS can begin, and lets be honest we've all already started playing christmas music and buying mince pies. At least thats what I have been doing!
I thought I would do a blog post on books that you should really read before 2017 starts, and yes don't worry I am still reading "girl online on tour" so hopefully the review will be up soon!
The main reason why I wanted to do this post is because Its beginning to get a little bit chilly and darker earlier now so I thought when you're tucked up at home under a blanket by the fire you can be reading one of these amazing books! So I had better get started...

Okay so the first book to read is "Twenties girl" by Sophie Kinsella published in 2009 and this book was one of the first books that I read and is what got me into reading in the first place. This book is all about a 27 year of girl named Lara who goes to her great aunt Sadie's funeral and is then visited by her ghost. Sadie was a bold young women who loved to dance the Charleston and her last request is that Lara helps to find her dragonfly necklace. During their adventure together they find out so much more than what they realised about both of them! This book is such a good rom com and this is why its on my must reads list! You can get this book for £7.99 on amazon or pick up one from a local book store.

The second book on this list is the new book "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Part 1&2" by J.K Rowling. Now this has been amazing for some people but not so great for others and this is because of the format its in. It is written in script format which some people don't like reading, but I really loved reading it through this format. For me it made it easy to read and Rowling described everything perfect as usual. This book is about Harry's son Albus and his adventures at Hogwarts and how both Albus and Harry have to work together to prevent something awful from happening to the whole of the Wizarding World. Now I am a big fan of Harry Potter and have read all the books quite a few times so this book was such a good sequel and has also been made into a West End show in London which I really want to go to see. You can grab this book on amazon for £9.00 or grab it at your local book store!

This book is a recent book which has become so important to me within the last month or so. "Me Before You" by JoJo Moyes has also appeared in my October favourites (if you haven't read this go give it a read!) and I briefly described it there so I won't go into too much detail but it is such a good easy read and I was not able to put it down! Its on amazon for £3.85 which is such a bargain!

 Okay so the next book which you should read is a thriller and emotional book! The book is called "Lucky" by Alice Sebold, who also wrote "The Lovely Bones". It is about a college freshman who is raped and assaulted and shows how Alice copes with the effects of this. It shows how she changes decisions in order to deal with her new life and how these choices create different situations for her. This book is not for those who aren't keen on horror or gruesome books as I found it to be very open and a little scary. But honestly this book was such an eye opener and really made me realise about things in life that we take for granted. You can pick this book up for around £3 on amazon.

Finally the last book is "Extraordinary Means" by Robyn Schneider and is a very emotional hear opening book! I absolutely love the cover of this book for one but whats written within it is even better! This book is about teens suffering from chronic Tuberculosis (TB) with a strain of total drug resistant, meaning that Lane and Sadie (main characters) could die anyway. Of course there was romance within this book! If any of you guys has read the fault in our stars it feels almost similar to the story line of that book but has a different feel about it! So definitely give this one a read for only £5.59 on amazon!



I hope you guys enjoyed that short post, but i really wanted to do another post on books as they are so so so important to me and are a big part of my life! There were so many other books that I wanted to include so I may be doing a similar post with a slight twist soon so if you liked this keep your eyes peeled! Comment below any books you love and if you have any you think I should give a read!
as always...
Stay Happy
Love Lucy x

Comments

  1. I actually haven't read any of these - but they all sound amazing! I'm now on holidays and want to get back into reading so i'm going to have to grab a few of these. Thanks for the helpful blog post lovely! Given me some great inspiration to read again haha. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thats made me so happy to hear that! Let me know what you think of them if you do read them! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment